Teaching English Worldwide is a New Edition of the most comprehensive and authoritative teacher resource, specially designed for those contemplating teaching English, taking a teacher training course, or already teaching English in the classroom. Teaching English Worldwide provides you with 21 chapters covering all teaching essentials, including:
- answers to basic questions about language teaching
- how to manage the classroom
- how to plan lessons
- how to choose and use textbooks
- different methods and ideas for teaching listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- understanding of basic grammar verb forms
- a wealth of knowledge and activities for using visual aids, games, drama, and songs
- awareness of pronunciation and the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- suggestions on correcting errors and testing
- a reference section featuring a first lesson plan and a placement test
- and much more!
Each unit features tasks for the reader and wraps up with review questions and a further reading list. A perfect and essential teacher companion.