This practical textbook empowers beginning learners of English to succeed in the world of computers by developing their skills and confidence with Microsoft Word, the Internet, and email while simultaneously reinforcing their English skills.
Through Out & About in the World of Computers’ dynamic, student-centered approach, students will:
- build basic word processing skills;
- learn to navigate the Internet and use email;
- master useful vocabulary related to everyday topics, including housing, clothing, and shopping while building a core of computer-specific vocabulary;
- acquire important life skills through practical, hands-on activities related to the classroom, jobs, health, and the community;
- gain independence and confidence!
Designed for use with computers equipped with Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Word, and Internet Explorer (pre-2007 versions of Word, and Internet Explorer 7).